The 21th Meeting of New Researchers in Statistics and Probability will be happening in Fort Collins, Colorado, during its usual time right before JSM. The purpose of the conference is to promote interaction and networking among new researchers in statistics and probability and to provide them with valuable insights from leaders in the field.
|Host||Colorado State University (CSU)|
|Fort Collins, Colorado, U.S.A.|
|Location||Colorado State University|
|Dates||July 24-27, 2019|
- Bailey Fosdick and Ander Wilson
- Department of Statistics, Colorado State University
- Contact: email@example.com.
- Alexander Volfovsky
- Department of Statistical Science, Duke University
- Elizabeth Ogburn
- Department of Biostatistics, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Daniel Sussman
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Boston University
Funding The meeting is graciously supported by the
- National Science Foundation,
- Xiao-Li Meng, Harvard University
- IMS President
- Susan Murphy, Harvard University
- IMS President Elect
- Jay Briedit, Colorado State University
- Vanja Dukic, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Debashis Ghosh, University of Colorado, Denver
- Mevin Hooten, Colorado State University
- Sally Morton, Virginia Tech
- Susan Paddock, RAND Corperation
- Julia Sharp, Colorado State University
- Eric Vance, University of Colorado, Boulder
Applications are accepted from anyone who:
- received a Ph.D. in or after 2014; or
- expects to receive a Ph.D. by the end of 2019.
The number of participants is limited. The deadline for receipt of applications is March 29, 2019. By April 5th, applicants will be notified of whether they have been selected to attend. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
The selected applicants will be asked to pay a registration fee ($300) to confirm their participation (this price is subject to small changes). However, contingent on the availability of funds, support to defray travel and housing costs will be offered, though we invite participants to seek partial funding of their own.
Additional Information and Questions
Please direct any additional questions to the co-organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference participants will be staying on the Colorado State University campus. Details will be available soon.
The nearest major airport to Fort Collins is Denver International Airport. Transportation from Denver International Airport to CSU will be provided by a shuttle service. At the end of the NRC, buses will be provided to transport all participants the Denver Convention Center.