The 20th Meeting of New Researchers in Statistics and Probability will be happening in Burnaby, British Columbia, during its usual time right before JSM. The purpose of the conference is to promote interaction and networking among new researchers in statistics and probability and to provide them with valuable insights from leaders in the field.
|Host||Simon Fraser University (SFU)|
|Burnaby, BC, Canada|
|Location||Presentation Studio (ASB 10900) of SFU’s Big Data Hub|
|Dates||July 26-28, 2018|
- Liangliang Wang and Yunlong Nie
- Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, Simon Fraser University
- Alexander Volfovsky
- Department of Statistical Science, Duke University
- Elizabeth Ogburn
- Department of Biostatistics, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Daniel Sussman
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Boston University
Sponsors The meeting is graciously supported by the
- National Science Foundation
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences
- Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute
- Simon Fraser University
- Alison Etheridge, Oxford University
- IMS President
- Xiao-Li Meng, Harvard University,
- IMS President Elect
- Marc Suchard, University of California, Los Angeles
- Hongyu Zhao, Yale University
- Jennifer Hill, New York University
- Philip Ernst, Rice University (Tweedie Award Winner)
To submit your abstract, fill out the form linked here.
If you have been accepted to participate in 2018’s NRC, please submit your title and abstract using the link below. For those who plan to give a talk, you are also encouraged to present a poster. For those who choose poster only, you will have an opportunity to give a one-minute flash talk to advertise your work.
Deadline: July 1st, 2018
If you fail to meet the deadline you risk being left out of the program.
Conference participants will be staying at the Simon Hotel or the townhouse units of the SFU Guest Accommodations. Rooms have been reserved and will be paid as a group for all the participants for three days (Check in: July 25, 2018; Check out: July 28, 2018). Please note you don’t need to book or pay for these three days. The room registration is over.
If you want to arrive earlier or stay later, you can submit an individual reservation request here: SFU Guest Accommodations by selecting “individual guest booking” and clicking on “request a booking.” You can then fill out the page and will need to submit a credit card that will be stored in a secure online vault until the day before your arrival. Please indicate in the comment section that you are part of the 20th IMS New Researchers Conference, but are booking a personal stay on either end of the conference. To obtain a discount, you can quote SIMONALUMNI in the comment section. If you are by yourselves, it is recommended that you book a Private Dorm Room, and can then switch room to your townhouse room when the booking with the conference begins.
Maps and Directions
The conference will be held in the Presentation Studio (ASB 10900) of SFU’s Big Data Hub. This is part of KEY, SFU’s Big Data Initiative. The address is
Applied Science Building, Room 10905
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Canada V5A 1S6